Saving an Excel document as a .csv file for upload
If you have a list of contacts in Excel that you want to import into Purlem as a CSV file, follow the steps below:
- Open Excel and open your file.
- Go to File > Save as. A dialog box pops up.
- Go to "Save as type" and select "CSV (comma delimited)" from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- If you get error messages, click "yes" or "ok" through the error messages.
- Close the file and exit from Excel.
If your list contains non-English characters, you will now also need to change the encoding of your CSV file to UTF-8, since Excel doesn't do that by default. Most text editors (such as Notepad and TextEdit) offer encoding options when you save the file, so you'll need to open up your resulting CSV file in the program of your choice (such as Notepad, for instance), then resave it using UTF-8, before importing.
Your file is now ready to upload into Purlem.